A Few of My Favorites from Etsy

Saturday, February 28, 2009

February

During the busy-ness of the holidays, I thought often of all the things I would accomplish during the post-holiday "down time" of January and February. Boy, was I wrong!

February 2009, despite being only 28 days in length, proved to be a month with a veritable lifetime's worth of ups and downs. It started and ended with birthdays - my daughter's on February 4, mine on February 27. In between we had illnesses, deaths and my older daughter's jaw surgery.

The story is too long to tell, but in the end, my newly minted 9 year old is getting her birthday wish of a "friend" party tomorrow, long delayed, but better late than never, and yesterday I got my birthday wish of a few hours of blessed silence, and a year's worth of gratitude for our good health and well-being.

1 comment:

Norma Gafford said...

Hi! I gave you a Kreativ Blogger award- go to my blog to get the rules and pass the award on to other Kreativ Bloggers you know.

Cosmos

Cosmos
From CLK's Garden