A Few of My Favorites from Etsy

Monday, January 12, 2009

View from my window


View from my window
Originally uploaded by CLKcreative
Yes, it is winter, but I am reminded of the "spring" story of the beggar who was observed by the great writer Goethe. He was collecting the most money and Goethe went over to see why. The beggar had a sign that read: "It is spring, and I am blind." As the story goes, Goethe was then filled with gratitude for all he had.

Even though it is winter in Michigan, both literally and figuratively, I am grateful for the glorious sunrise that greeted my eyes this morning.

2 comments:

Christine said...

The view from your window is pretty! I wish we had gotten the snow they were originally calling for this past weekend. We got a bunch of ice instead.

Anonymous said...

Pretty sunrise! And the snow is gorgeous too.

Cosmos

Cosmos
From CLK's Garden