A Few of My Favorites from Etsy

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Weight Loss

If you're reading this, you're probably thinking, "cripes, ANOTHER weight loss blog entry?" Well, yes!

It's that time of year... the holidays are over (as I sit and stare at the still-fully-decorated tree) and the New Years' resolutioneers are clogging up the gyms and Weight Watchers centers. And here I sit.

About 15 years ago, when my oldest child was 3, I lost weight successfully on Weight Watchers, and kept it off... until I became pregnant with my second child, in 2000. Since then I've gained and lost the same 30 pounds. And now, I'm getting ever closer to age 40 and each day, the spectres of diabetes and heart disease (both of which run on both sides of my family) loom just a bit larger.

So my "annual" appointment is coming up along with a new lecture on how much weight I've gained since the last one. I know I need to lose weight, but why is it so damn hard?

I bought this book last year:
The Beck Diet Solution by Judith Beck, Ph.D.

I really have not given this book its due, but since I have the time this January, I think I will. No resolution, just a willingness to try.

No comments:

Cosmos

Cosmos
From CLK's Garden